I am the child of questions about things

sábado, noviembre 10, 2018


As you can see, I am the child of questions about things. Close to my house a stream passed by. One early morning, when the frost still falls at night, she lay frozen on the green grass, I was approaching the water flow, when I noticed that a few drops of cold water were coming on my toes and later they stood under the sensitive plant. This did not stop me from getting my legs open on the stream, counterflow. I was wondering where the water would come from. I did not know it. I still did not know that water comes from the mountain; although our mountains lived far away; it almost cost to look at them, almost nothing was seen; They looked like a diffuse brown and green patch on the blue or gray blue sky background, according to the days or the season of the year. I'm going to tell you in passing that he did not understand how there were stations in heaven; as I only knew the train stations, it was hard to imagine that there were train tracks and trains traveling the sky; but since the sky was far away, far away, I thought that for the human eye they would be objects so tiny that nobody saw them. Also, and if the clouds were the steam that was thrown by the steam engines that pulled the wagons. To me, as a child, it seems very logical; but I will not tell anyone because they would not understand me and adults would think that they are products of children's imagination. 

But suddenly I realized I was in daydream. It happens to me very often: the thoughts get me into their house, they tell me stories about things I do not know, and when I realize it, the visit has been extended and I have to go back to where my body is. 

Returning to my body over the creek, It occurred to me to ask him where he came from. And I said.

I do not come from the mountain as you think. 

And how do you know I was thinking about that?

Well, because he hears the water the things of the air.

You will have to explain to me, because I do not understand it.

You should ask the air, up there.

No, I do not see it. Do you see the air?

Well yes I see it; because water reflects everything and over there I see the reflection of the air.

But seeing it is one thing and talking to it is another. Can you ask him and may the air answer you?

Ask him, if you want; The air and I have talked so long that we have nothing to say.

And why do not you ask him again?

Because the water in the air displeases us to repeat ourselves; that's why we always leave so we do not meet the same people.

But then you do not have friends.

If we have. We have friends between water and water and between air and air. Being nomadic does not prevent us from encountering one or another storm and we reestablish our long friendship while the bustle lasts.

But you have not answered the question of where the water comes from.

The water comes from the air.

And the air where does it come from?

The air comes from the belly of the Earth.


Carlos del Puente


Como pueden ver, soy el niño de las preguntas sobre las cosas. Cerca de casa pasaba un riachuelo. Una mañana temprano, cuando aún la escarcha caída por la noche, reposaba helada sobre la verde hierba, iba acercándome a la corriente de agua, cuando noté que unas gotitas de agua fría llegaban sobre mis dedos de los pies y luego se paraban bajo la sensible planta. Esto no impidió ponerme abierto de piernas sobre el riachuelo, a contra corriente. Me preguntaba de dónde vendría el agua. Lo ignoraba. Aún no sabía que el agua viene de la montaña; aunque nuestras montañas vivían muy lejos; casi costaba mirar en ellas, casi no se veía nada; parecían una difusa mancha marrón y verde sobre el fondo de cielo azul azul o gris, según los días o la estación del año. Voy a de decir de paso que no llegaba a comprender cómo había estaciones en el cielo; como solo conocía las estaciones del tren, me costaba imaginar que había vías de tren y trenes recorriendo el cielo; pero como el cielo estaba muy lejos, muy lejos, pensaba que para el ojo humano serían objetos tan diminutos que nadie los veía. Además, y si las nubes eran el vapor que echaban las máquinas de vapor que tiraban de los vagones. A mí, como niño, me parece muy lógico; pero no se lo diré a nadie porque no me comprenderían y pensarían los adultos que son producto de la imaginación de los niños.

Pero de golpe me di cuenta que estaba en babia. Me suele ocurrir con mucha frecuencia: los pensamientos me meten en su casa, me cuentan historias sobre las cosas que no conozco, y cuando me doy cuenta se ha alargado la visita y tengo que volver a donde está mi cuerpo.

Volviendo a mi cuerpo sobre el riachuelo, se me ocurrió preguntarle que de dónde venía.  Y me dijo.

No vengo de la montaña como piensas.

Y cómo sabes tú que estaba pensando en eso?

Pues, porque oye el agua las cosas del aire.

Me tendrás que explicar, porque no lo entiendo.

Deberías preguntarle al aire, allí arriba. ¿Ves?

No, no lo veo. ¿Acaso ves tú al aire?

Pues sí lo veo; porque el agua lo refleja todo y ahí por encima veo el reflejo del aire.

Pero verlo es una cosa y hablarle es otra. ¿Puedes acaso preguntarle y que el aire te conteste?

Pregúntale tú, si quieres; el aire y yo hemos hablado tanto tiempo que ya no tenemos nada que decirnos.

¿Y por qué no le vuelves a preguntar?

Porque al agua al aire nos desagrada repetirnos; por eso nos vamos siempre para no encontrarnos con la misma gente.

Pero entonces no tenéis amigos.

Sí tenemos. Tenemos amigos entre agua y agua y entre aire y aire. Ser nómadas no nos impide encontrarnos en alguna que otra tormenta y restablecemos nuestra larga amistad mientras dura el bullicio.

Pero no me has contestado a la pregunta que de dónde viene el agua.

El agua viene del aire.

¿Y el aire de dónde viene?

El aire viene de la panza de la Tierra.


Carlos del Puente

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images